I’ve been on a kind of rollercoster over the last month or so… to bullet point, here’s what’s happened:
– I had an ECG scan with abnormal results
– The psych reduced my depot of the antipsychotic Flupentixol
– I had my ADHD meds (Elvanse) stopped abuptly because of the ECG
– At work my contracts are ending so I’m at high risk being made redundant by the end of November
– I found I was having extra trouble with motivation and worked out I’m depressed
– Spoke to the psych who suggessted changing my antidepressants
– Weened off thr SSRI Fluoxitine (Prozac) from top dose down to nothing
– Today I started the new antidepressant (a SNRI) called Duloxitine
… and so today I’m hoping to turn a corner with a fresh start!
This will be yet another of my famous comebacks! I’ve made a few small changes today already. I actually got out of bed and dressed, for one! I’ve forced myself to drink more water. I’ve weighed myself, as I need to seriously lose some lbs! (I’m around 16kg heavier than when I first started dating Dominic, shocking) I hate being overweight, makes me feel gross, which doesn’t help with depression and motivation… I’ve had healthy food so far today and I plan to keep it up -low-ish cals and only allowing myself to drink alcohol on the weekend. I’ve even turned to the mint green tea!
I don’t know whether it’s beacuse I slept the whole weekend away and I couldn’t possibly spend much more time in bed, or if it’s the new meds, or just being more hydrated than usual, but I do feel somewhat more active and alive today.